Hair loss is a common problem these days, but when someone starts losing hair, then he or she may face chagrin in the society. Hair defines our personality and makes us look good. So, here we have come up with an interesting article where we are going to discuss all the possible ways for how to use coconut oil for hair growth.
Here, we will try to give all the answers to some frequently asked questions related to effects of coconut on hair fall like How coconut oil prevents hair loss?, How to grow more thicker hair with coconut oil?, Is coconut oil good for hair growth or not? and How to use coconut oil for hair loss in the proper way?
But before starting with the benefits of coconut oil for hair and knowing its proper usage technique, it would be better to understand the reasons for hair loss first.
Factors That Causes Hair Fall
1. Hormonal Problem
The overactive and underactive thyroid gland can cause hair fall. If your thyroid level is not right, then, it can be a reason for hair fall. Thyroid level is different in male and female. In women, after pregnancy, the balance of hormones gets disturbed, which results in huge hair fall in women. In men, when testosterone hormone is converted into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), then it becomes important to balance the hormones. If the amount of dihydrotestosterone hormone increases, then it can cause the hair fall.
2. Less Amount of Nutrition
If you are not getting the proper amount of nutrition from your food, you are more prone to hair fall.
3. Age Factor
The age factor also causes hair loss.
4. Fungal Infection
Fungal infections of the scalp can also be a reason for hair fall. Sometimes, due to fungal infections, a huge amount(50%) of hair loss takes place within 2 or 3 weeks from the day it started.
Heredity is also considered as another big reason for hair fall. Beware, if your father or mother is facing hair loss problem, then you are also going to face the same problem.
Things That Cause the Temporary Hair Loss
- Hormonal issues related to pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Drugs or Medication for body treatment causes hair fall
- Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss
- Hair treatments like hair color, hair dyes can cause hair loss
- Sudden weight loss causes unexpected hair loss.
Top Best Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair Loss
If you are using coconut for hair loss treatment, then it’s not necessary that it is going to benefit you. It is analyzed that coconut for hair loss treatment does not work for everyone. But in some cases, coconut work best and instantly stops hair loss within weeks.
- Lauric acid, found in coconut oil protects our hair from breakage and gives strength to the hair roots.
- Sebum is natural oil which is found in every human body. It prevents our scalp from drying out and protects our hair. Coconut oil is also known as mimic sebum. Regular use of coconut oil produces sebum in our scalp and protects our hair.
- Coconut oil also protects our hair shaft from environmental impurities.
- Natural antioxidants like vitamin K, iron and vitamin E found in coconut oil boosts our hair growth.
- Coconut oil also protects our hair from fungal or bacterial problems with its antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- When we massage our scalp with coconut oil, it improves the blood circulation in the scalp that helps absorb all valuable nutrients and vitamins from oil onto our scalp for faster hair growth.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth in Right Way
- If your coconut oil is in the solid state, then turn it into a liquid state first. To convert the oil into liquid form, take hot water and put your coconut oil bottle in it for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Now, rub your fingertips with your scalp to wake up pores.
- Take some coconut oil in your hand and apply it directly to your roots.
- Massage coconut oil onto your scalp for at least three minutes.
- Give a nice gentle massage, not a rough one.
- Now put your oiled hair in a shower cap and let it set for some time. You can leave your hair like this for overnight or at least for 30 minutes.
- You can repeat this process at least once a week and if you do this twice in a week that is ideal.
Note: Use only good quality coconut oil.
You can follow the above-mentioned process, in order to prevent hair fall. We hope that you will observe good results within 15 days itself. In some cases, regular use of coconut oil takes 2 to 3 months to see good result. But most of the time you can see the results in a week.
We hope that you liked our article about how to use coconut oil for hair growth. If you have any suggestions, feedback or if you had any good or bad experience of using coconut hair oil for hair growth feel free to share with us.