A smile is a precious gift of God to express emotions. It has the power to let bow down foes without involving in a war.
“A smile is actually a symbol which is rated with the highest positive emotional content” quoted by scientist Andrew Newberg. But what happens when this expression of joy becomes a reason for embarrassment? Mostly, it is due to the appearance of discoloration of teeth.
In this article, we are going to tell you easy and effective methods for How to make teeth white naturally from yellow. But, before we start with the remedies, let’s discuss the root cause of tooth discoloration first.
- 1 What Is Tooth Discoloration?
- 2 How Teeth Become Yellow?
- 3 Can Yellow Teeth Become White?
- 4 How to Make Teeth White Naturally from Yellow with 5 Home Remedies
- 4.1 1. Banana
- 4.2 How to Whiten Teeth with Banana Peel
- 4.3 2. Orange Peel
- 4.4 How to Whiten Teeth with Orange Peel
- 4.5 3. Baking Soda
- 4.6 How to Whiten Teeth with Baking Soda
- 4.7 4. Charcoal
- 4.8 How to Whiten Teeth with Charcoal
- 4.9 5. Neem Stick
- 4.10 How to Whiten Teeth with Neem
- 4.11 Things You Need to Take Care Of:
- 4.12 Final Verdict!
What Is Tooth Discoloration?
Well, the answer is in the name itself. When teeth start changing its original color, leaving behind some undesirable spots inside-out, then this activity is known as tooth discoloration.
However, the appearance of tooth discoloration is not always the same for every person. Depending upon the cause, it is categorized in two different types: Extrinsic and Intrinsic.
Extrinsic Stains: When the tooth starts giving a shade of brown, black, grey or green-yellow color.
Intrinsic Stains: When the tooth starts giving a shade of red, pink or pale yellow color.
How Teeth Become Yellow?
Even after brushing daily, if your teeth still display a yellowish shade, then it may be a matter to think about! Till now, all we knew about the reason of tooth staining was whenever we eat something; certain substances stick within the pores present in the enamel and erode it. This results in tooth staining. But now we are going to tell you the actual reason for your tooth discoloration.
As said earlier, tooth discoloration is of two types, for which reasons of having these stains also vary. Extrinsic stains occur when substances causing it in form of eatables stick to the teeth’s surface when there is any crack or dent present. Intrinsic Stains occur due to trauma or ongoing high blood pressure medications or other treatments.
Once you get these stains, brushing the teeth daily is just not enough!
Can Yellow Teeth Become White?
The answer is Yes, Nothing is Impossible in Today’s Modern World. But, to achieve this goal you have to keep a regular check on your dental health.
First and the foremost thing you have to do is improve your oral hygiene habits, and then seek for a remedy to tackle the problem. Once you successfully changed your habits, then, try protecting your enamel from the staining compounds that stick to your teeth.
If you still do not find any positive outcome, you can try whitening toothpaste, bleaching powders for tooth whitening, or can buy tooth whitening products in form of pens, strips, trays from the market. You can also go for laser treatments. But let me tell you, all these treatments and products will shed heavy amount from your pocket. So, what else now?
What about quick teeth whitening home remedies!
There are many people who are seeking a solution to their problems like How to remove yellow plaque from teeth or How to whiten teeth at home fast? So, here are we for the same purpose. We will tell you some DIY tips and effective remedies for how to whiten your teeth at home.
Why Go for Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening?
Well, it is always a better choice to opt for home remedies over medicines, treatments, and teeth whitening products. Reason being, you never have to cry hard for money either or yell because of any side effects. Moreover, these home remedies are natural and safe. Let’s not waste the time and discuss the easiest and simple ways of naturally whitening your teeth.
How to Make Teeth White Naturally from Yellow with 5 Home Remedies
You may not know that there are some powerful tools present in your kitchen that can actually help you get rid of your yellow teeth. If you don’t believe, we’ll show you how!
Now you must be thinking can a banana really be used for teeth whitening? Well, it’s not the banana flesh, but it is the peel that works. As we all know banana is a rich source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin D and manganese but when it comes to its peel, the quantity of these minerals get double. It contains a perfect combination of all the vitamins and minerals necessarily required to remove all the stains from teeth and whiten them. Not just whitening but, it also improves the strength of teeth.
Note: Just make sure you use a ripe banana
How to Whiten Teeth with Banana Peel
- Strip off a banana roughly with your hand and take out its cover from the bottom end upward.
- Now cut the peel into small square pieces.
- Gently, rub the inside part of peel along your teeth.
- Keep doing the same for minimum 2 minutes.
- Make sure you have cleaned all of your teeth and used maximum material from the peel inside.
- Once you are done, give a rest of 5 min, till then all the minerals get penetrate deep into the teeth and gums properly.
- Finally, you can brush your teeth with your favorite toothpaste and get ready to give a million dollar smile.
2. Orange Peel
After learning about the amazing effects of Banana peels for teeth whitening, we are over to Orange peels now. Being a strong natural bleaching agent, Orange can help you get rid of yellow teeth within a day. Not only it helps in removing tooth stains and germs from the mouth but also helps in killing bacterial infections. In a study, it has been proved that “d-limonene” a compound present in orange can actually reduce smoking stains from teeth. Moreover, the richness of vitamin C adds a star to the cleansing abilities of this fruit. Orange peel not only works for discoloration of the teeth but also strengthens enamel.
Note: Take a fresh juicy orange
How to Whiten Teeth with Orange Peel
- Remove the outer coverings of the Orange.
- Cut the peel into small square pieces.
- Now, you simply rub the white side of the peels gently all over the teeth.
- Perform this activity for about 2 min. You can also use salt if you wish.
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- After 5 minutes, you can brush your teeth using toothpaste. You will observe instant results! There will be slightly a change in your teeth’s color, turning from yellow to white.
- Practice this home remedy every weekend until it removes yellow stuff and tartar completely from your teeth.
3. Baking Soda
This one is a quite popular remedy to get rid of yellow teeth overnight. Baking soda as an alkaline powder works wonders in removing stains from teeth and reducing discoloration from it. It may not kill the bacteria, but its bleaching and flossing characteristics are super effective.It provides a natural, white polishing to the teeth. If you are eagerly searching for How to whiten teeth instantly, then, your search ends here.
NOTE: Using baking soda to whiten teeth is a good idea until it is overused. Overuse of baking soda can even damage your enamel. Moreover, it may be abrasive to your gums as well. Make sure you use it not more than once in a week.
How to Whiten Teeth with Baking Soda
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and put it in a bowl.
- Now pour few drops of water into it.
- Mix well till you get a thick paste.
- Use it as toothpaste and brush your teeth evenly with this. Do not let it stick to your gums more often.
- Get going for 2 minutes at least.
- Rinse your mouth around with cold water and witness instant baking soda teeth whitening results.
Nowadays, Charcoal is getting trendy in the area of teeth whitening. You must have heard people advertising products, claiming the use of activated charcoal and its huge benefits over teeth whitening. Well, not just charcoal, but, activated charcoal is that secret ingredient which can successfully pull out all the toxins from the mouth and remove tooth stains. Activated charcoal inhibits natural adhesive qualities, which soaks up all the unwanted chemicals, plaque and stains from the teeth, and spill them out.
How to Whiten Teeth with Charcoal
- Firstly, go to a medical shop and buy tablets of activated charcoal.
- Crush it properly to get a fine powder out of it.
- Add few drops of water to this so as to make a proper paste.
- Apply the paste directly onto your teeth. Scrubbing will not work here, so do not try.
- Just leave it as it is for 3 minutes.
- Then, thoroughly rinse your mouth.
- Finally, you can brush your teeth using a toothpaste
5. Neem Stick
This one is the oldest and traditional method used for teeth whitening. Earlier, when brushes were not in use, people use to chew these kinds of herbal sticks and brush up their teeth. Neem stick inhibits antimicrobial properties which prevent the mouth from bacterial infections, stains, and plaque. It is considered as a natural ayurvedic medicine, used to improve overall dental health.
How to Whiten Teeth with Neem
All you have to do is get some neem twigs and brush your teeth just like your modern toothbrush. You can easily obtain these twigs from the branches of a neem tree. Once you start chewing it, it will get softer and softer. Hence, this will eradicate all sorts of tooth troubles from your life.
If in case, you are not comfortable with chewing neem twigs/sticks. Then, we have a solution for that too! You can boil neem leaves in some water and can gargle using the same water. Rinsing out the mouth with neem water also aids in making teeth white and shiny.
Things You Need to Take Care Of:
- All of the home remedies for teeth whitening discussed above are completely natural and do not possess any kind of side effect. Still, you need to take care of some precautionary measures in case of sores or burns.
- If you have wounds, swelling, pain, etc. in your teeth, then we would recommend of not using it, as it may cause itching and burning sensation.
- Do not apply daily! Once in a week is more than sufficient.
- Make sure; you are not allergic to any ingredient before using it. If, in any case, you feel any kind of irritation, rinse your mouth immediately.
We would recommend you to go for these teeth whitening home remedies to remove dental plaques, stains, and yellowish color from the enamel of your teeth. They have zero side effects and amazing outcomes. The best part is, you can get professional results at home itself just by using these easy to do treatment. It solves all your “how to make teeth white naturally from yellow” problems in no time and you don’t even have to splurge on costly treatments.
Try these effective home remedies right now and make sure you leave a comment below. Let us know which remedy worked for you!